Dear Harvest Church Family,
My name is Chad Landrum, and I am the new student pastor here at Harvest. I wanted to take a moment to reach out to you and introduce myself and share some of what is coming for Harvest Student Ministry.
I come to Billings from Laurel, Mississippi. Prior to joining Harvest as the Student Pastor, I was the student pastor at Life Church in Laurel. I served at Life Church for 24 years, and the last 18 of those as their full-time student pastor. I’ve been incalculably blessed by Life Church and I wouldn’t be here today without them.
I have a beautiful family that keeps me grounded when life gets crazy: my wife Brinkley (married 11 years), my oldest son Carter (9 years), our younger son Carsyn (7 years), and our daughter Carrington (17months). Here we are at Pictograph Cave State Park. Also, we have an “adoptive” son, Christian, who came to Billings with us and he now has the privilege of serving Harvest on staff as the new assistant tech director.
Here in Billings, I have come to know and be thankful for my new Student Ministry Administrator/Assistant, Peter Wall (pictured). Many of you have received communications in the past from Peter, and I wanted to make sure that each parent and student knew of his new role. I have been blessed by doing life with these people and I’m so excited to see what is possible in the future.
Vision for the coming year
I am so incredibly excited about what is going to happen in the coming year at Harvest Students. Here are a few of those things:
- Our goal is to provide the best student worship service in Billings.
- We want every student to know how loved they are by their Creator and by their Student Ministry Leadership Team.
- This fall, we are going to be debuting an entirely new student worship service that will include lights and great sound, while also incorporating an inspiring biblical message that is full of real life answers to real life questions.
- The youth service will be similar to Sunday worship, and will offer students a chance to interact with their Savior.
- We want to know every student’s story, and walk alongside each of them on their journey as we help each one discover their passion and place. This new season of Harvest Students is going to be life-changing, and I pray that you will choose to join us on the journey.
Over the summer, the service will be much more relaxed with the purpose of getting to know the students and the students getting to know me. Our summer schedule is largely the same as it has been.
- Wednesdays at 7 pm at Harvest, beginning Wednesday, July 29, 2020.
- There will be an interactive talk, a time of worship, and an opportunity for fellowship.
Middle School (6-8th grades)
- Friday Nights at Oasis Water Park.
- Free admission at 5 pm, and at 7 pm the pool is all theirs until 8:30 pm.
- Final Oasis night: August 21, 2020.
We're changing things up. High School and Middle School Ministries will be combined into one night: Wednesday. The two ministries will meet the same night at Harvest Church, but will be separated and staggered. Students will experience worship, interactive messages, and small groups. We believe that this new program will benefit both students and volunteers. We are so excited to roll out this service schedule, and I believe it will lead to healthy, sustained growth for Harvest Students.
Preview Night: August 26
A pre-launch night to test drive the new service format.
KickOff Night: September 2
Invite your friends! It's going to be great!
Middle School Program
Start time: 6:15 pm
Release time: 7:45 pm
High School Program
Start time: 7 pm
Release time: 8:45 pm
Starting this summer (and ongoing), we have places for you to serve! If you would like to be a part of the team, we would love to have you. I believe in passion-based ministry, not a needs-based ministry. Therefore, we would like to put you in a place where you will thrive inside of your passion.
Currently, we have 11 serve teams within Student Ministries:
- Front Porch Team
- Pre-Service Set Up
- Clean Up
- Follow Up
- Social Media
- Small Groups
Email, call or text me for more information or to set up a time for coffee. 601-580-6574, Chad.Landrum@Harvestchurch.tv
Finally, I would like to leave you with two things. One, any questions you ever have please call or text me at 601-580-6574. Second, a verse that is the driving force for Harvest Students will be ...
Romans 12:2 - Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is — his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Thankful for you all,
Chad Landrum - Student Pastor